When Carrie Swails of Carrie Swails Photography went all in on offbeat weddings, she actually lowered her prices slightly to appeal to her perfect clients. She knew that she had to make up that income somewhere, so she started experimenting with new ways to make money as a photographer.
A few topics from today’s show:
- Standing out by appealing to a very specific client type
- New ways to make money as a photographer beyond sessions and weddings
- Affiliate marketing
- Carrie’s Educational Courses for Photographers (Carrie is launching a full course on May 12 about alternative revenue paths in wedding photography—it’s called “How to Make More Money Photographing Weddings”)
- Photography Awesomesauce, Carrie’s education blog for unconventional wedding photographers
- ShootProof (take 25% off any annual plan with the code SWAILS25)
- Pixifi Business Management Software
Check out some of Carrie’s work below.
Did you enjoy this episode? I would absolutely adore a review on iTunes to help others find the podcast.