Like many others, Meg Borders became interested in photography after her daughter was born. And like others before, Meg made some mistakes during the early days of her business. She finally put her business on hold to create a plan and work on branding—and her new focus on senior girls has allowed her to thrive.
A few topics from today’s show:
- Don’t rush into business—have a business plan
- Take time to concentrate on branding
- Give yourself time to discover which aspect of photography you like the best
- For outdoor portraits, don’t leave clients an option on timing—Meg always shoots her senior sessions two hours before sunset
- Be who you are, and don’t try to be someone else
- OpenSourcePhoto Forums
- Fast Track Photographer by Dane Sanders
Check out some of Meg’s gorgeous work below, and see more on her blog.