Jonathan Canlas discovered photography while living in Japan. 20 years later, he’s running a thriving business, and he’s still shooting film.
- FIND: Families Guide (From Jonathan: “I’m laying out how to shoot a family portrait session in a way that’s fast, fun and profitable.”)
- FIND: Biz Guide (From Jonathan: “What if a single book could turn your photography business around? Whether you shoot film or digital photography, FIND: Biz covers the nuts and bolts of operating a profitable photography business.”)
A few topics from this show:
- Why Jonathan never switched to digital photography
- How shooting film impacts how Jonathan approaches weddings and sessions
- How many photos he shoots for weddings and sessions, and how many he delivers
- How Jonathan preps for a wedding
- Why Jonathan doesn’t work with second photographers
- Why Jonathan thinks photography specialization is a bad idea
- Jonathan’s biggest wedding disaster story
Your Turn to Share!
I’ve set up a call-in line you to call in and have your comments included in future episodes. To share your feedback to this episode, photography questions or your own tips to be featured on the show, call my Google Voice number and record your message: (616) 522-2515
Never Miss an Episode
To get future episodes and other goodies, be sure to subscribe in iTunes, and sign up below: