Ethan Painter, founder of Ethan Painter Photography + Films, is a local friend of mine and a huge part of our local photography community. In today’s podcast, we’re talking about how to start incorporating video into your business—both as a hybrid service to complement your photography and as a way to market yourself and stand out.
Topics From Today’s Show:
- Why should I offer video in my photography business?
- Offering hybrid video and photography.
- Gear for hybrid video (should you buy new gear or work with what you have?
- Using video in social media (marketing your photography business with video).
- How to use Instagram Stories to market your photography business.
- Using video in paid advertising.
Recommended Video Products (This list contains some affiliate links—if you’ve enjoyed listening to the podcast, consider ordering through the following links to support the show):
- Sony a7S II
- Sony Alpha a6500
- Zoom H1 Recorder
- Rode Video Mic
- Matchstick Microphones
- DJI Phone Camera Gimbal (Fun for social media videos)
- Zhiyun Crane 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
Other Useful Tools:
Check out some of Ethan’s work below, and be sure to follow his latest work on Instagram.
Your Turn to Share!
I’ve set up a call-in line you to call in and have your comments included in future episodes. To share your feedback to this episode, photography questions or your own tips to be featured on the show, call my Google Voice number and record your message: (616) 522-2515
Never Miss an Episode
To get future episodes and other goodies, be sure to subscribe in iTunes, and sign up below: