As a teen, Dale Benfield worked as a printer in his Dad’s photo lab, so it was a natural next step for him to become a photographer himself. Dale started his photography business right out of high school as a way to pay for college (his first wedding involved a ceremony in Klingon—you’ll hear more about the ensuing hilarity in the interview).
Dale continued the photography business on the side as he pursued a career as a high school teacher. Five years ago, he gave up teaching and moved to Arkansas to be closer to Meredith, who he recently married in Italy. When the business blew up, Meredith joined him full time.
Learn how Dale and Meredith have grown a booming business by staying true to themselves and constantly striving to better themselves in business. Also hear Dale’s philosophies about being smart with money—including his approach to buying new equipment, investing in himself and avoiding debt while starting a photography business.
- Inc Magazine
- Built to Last by Jim Collins
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Raving Fans by Ken Blanchard
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
A few gorgeous photos from Benfield Photography:
See more of Dale and Meredith’s awesome work at the following:
- Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/Fayettevilleweddingphotography
- Personal Page: http://www.facebook.com/arkansasweddingphotography
- Twitter: @dalebenfield
- Website: benfieldphotography.net
- Blog: benfieldphotography.blogspot.com